A photo storybook of Mike May encountering life Photo Gallery
This section is a collection of Mike’s travel experiences. Read about his adventures around the world or for his most recent entries visit, GPS Travel Blog
In 1976, Mike traveled with his Seeing Eye dog to the West African country of Ghana to live with a family. It was Mike’s first time out of the United States and a major cultural and physical shock. He recorded his initial experiences until the batteries ran out. It was one of the most profound experiences of his life. You will hear how preoccupied he was with food, something rather scarce in the jungle village where he ended up living until he came home early after a serious bout of Malaria.
- Mike talking and singing with children in the Ghanaian village of Kambuli.
- Audio Ghana 1
- Audio Ghana 2
- Audio Ghana 3
- Audio Ghana 4
- Audio Ghana 5
- Ambassador Josh: Mike and his Seeing Eye dog go to Brazil
- People Make the Places: Mike reflecting on recent events on his life on his trip to Europe
- Ambassador Josh and Seemore the Cane Team Up With Mike May: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Ambassador Josh Denied Admittance O’Seemore the Cane Steps In
- Ambassador Josh is on the road again: Que Lindo Goes to Mexico
- For book clubs and those who would like to know more about Mike May and his family after the Crashing Through book concludes, listen to Robert Kurson’s 26 minute interview with Mike, which is also contained at the end of the audio version of Crashing Through. Also, some of Mike’s travel adventures are posted on Mike’s Travel Blog
- An audio clip of the first ever Laser Turntable being tracked by hand. Present are Jerry Kalov (investor and mentor), Rob Reis (founder of Finial Technology) and 3 engineers.
- An audio clip of Count Guillermo Cabezas promising to include blind skiers in future Olympic competitions at the behest of Ron and Mike.
- An audio clip of Ron Salviolo guiding Mike May, the first blind skier on an Olympic run, in Sarajevo, 1984.